Welcome to the home of the Individual Donor Benchmark Project!
The 2015 survey has closed.
If you’d like to sign up for the 2016 survey, please click here.
This project is designed to give you more information about your fundraising program. There are many surveys and reports on nonprofit fundraising, but most only look at large organizations. We want to focus on the small and mighty organizations – those with budgets under $2 million.
Joanna Welborn of Student Action with Farmworkers says this about their participation in the project:
“It was very helpful to have to take the time to sit down and make it a priority to look at our individual donor data. I think too often we are focused on implementing various fundraising strategies but don’t always give appropriate time to evaluating what works and what doesn’t to inform our future strategies.”
You can check out our reports from 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 for more details on the project. And you can always be in touch with me (Heather Yandow) at 919.780.4117 or heather (at) thirdspacestudio.com to talk about the project.
If you participate in the survey, you’ll receive:
- a report of your results as well as the complete survey results to share with your colleagues and Board
- an invitation to a special webinar just for survey participants to dig into the results
- the official Individual Donor Benchmark report and infographic
- a chance to win one of 50 coveted consultations with Ravela Insights, experts in donor data analytics, database strategy, and prospect identification
- a chance to win one of five Grassroots Institute for Fundraising Training prize packs with a subscription to the Grassroots Fundraising Journal as well as a book from the Kim Klein Fundraising Series
Many thanks to our partners: